Low Stock Warning: < 0 books left
Samples: Table of Contents ------- Text Sample
Written by Peter Broida, an expert in labor relations and longtime representative of agencies, unions and employees, the FLRA Guide is the standard reference on federal sector collective bargaining law and case law of the Federal Labor Relations Authority and its reviewing courts. This treatise tracks the Authority's unique role in labor relations, examining the considerable complexities of negotiability, jurisdiction over federal-sector arbitration awards, collective bargaining requirements and unfair labor practice theory and remedies, as well as unit recognition, and the limitations of judicial review. It is updated annually with the most recent decisions and procedural revisions of the Authority and the courts.
Easy to read, two column format: view sample pages.
With analysis of 2021 and early 2022 decisions of the FLRA and its reviewing court and major developments during 2021.
For over 30 years, federal sector practitioners, labor relations advisors and arbitrators have relied on the FLRA Guide as the standard reference for substantive and procedural guidance on topics including:
- Federal Labor Relations Authority Structure and Jurisdiction
- Unit Determinations and Elections—including excluded positions, representation proceedings, and unit clarification and changes
- Labor Organizations—including responsibilities, official time, and rights to information
- Procedures For Negotiability Determinations
- Substantive Limitations on Negotiability Determinations—including employment conditions, compelling need determinations, government-wide regulations and management rights
- Specific Applications of Negotiability Determinations—including location and hours of work, training, work assignments, leave, discipline, pay, promotions, appointments, safety, EEO considerations, RIFs, performance, union rights and grievances
- Federal Services Impasses Panel
- Unfair Labor Practices—including union and management violations, procedures and remedies
- Review of Arbitration Awards—including precluded matters, elections of remedies, awards, jurisdiction, procedure, grounds for review, and counsel fee awards
- Administrative Reconsideration and Judicial Review
The FLRA Guide is a component of the American Civil Service Law Series. Also included are a detailed table of contents, case table, bibliography, index, and glossary.
Available as a softcover book and/or a PDF file with many useful features delivered on a CD-ROM, USB Flash Drive, or download. Hyperlinks allow the reader to move quickly between the Table of Contents and Index entries and the corresponding portions of the text. Internal hyperlinks serve as a cross-reference feature within the text. Major cases are linked to internet cites so that the entire case can be viewed.