*U.S. addresses only
Availability: SPRING 2022
Samples: Table of Contents (from 2021 edition) ------- Text Sample (from 2021 edition)
Format: Softcover book and/or PDF eBook sent on CD or USB stick
Written by Natania M. Davis and Founding Author Ernie Hadley, a practitioner before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for more than 25 years the EEO Guide is the standard reference on federal sector EEO law and its appellate organization, the Office of Federal Operations. This treatise provides practice guidance and analyses of federal sector EEOC and court decisions, statutes regulations, policies, guidance, and practical advice. It is annually updated and extends back to 1978.
Easy to read, two column format: view sample pages.
The 35th edition includes analysis of 2021 and early 2022 decisions of the EEOC and OFO, and major developments during 2021.
Major topics include:
- Pre-complaint and formal complaint processes
- Investigation of complaints
- Settlement of complaints
- EEO hearings
- Final agency action
- EEOC appeals
- Representatives and official time
- Theories of discrimination (intentional discrimination, adverse impact, and hostile environment)
- Bases of discrimination under Title VII
- Rehabilitation Act
- Reasonable accommodation and GINA
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Personnel actions
- Class action complaints
- EEO alternatives
- Forms of relief
- Attorney fees
- Supreme Court Decision covering transgender and sexual orientation statuses under Title VII
- Service animals
- COVID-19 Sections
- Guidance of disparate treatment analysis for disabilities
New in 2022
- Subordinate-to-Supervisor and Non-Employee Harassment
- Unconscious Bias
- "Intuitively Obvious" Harm
- Expanded COVID-19 and Service Animal Sections
- Reorganization of comparison employee discussion
- Trial periods for reasonable accommodations
- Chart of Circuit Court cases from 2000-2022 arranged by topic
The EEO Guide is a component of the American Civil Service Law Series. Also included are a detailed table of contents, case table, bibliography, index, and glossary.
Available as a softcover book and/or a PDF file with many useful features delivered on a CD-ROM, USB Flash Drive, or download. Hyperlinks allow the reader to move quickly between the Table of Contents and Index entries and the corresponding portions of the text. Internal hyperlinks serve as a cross-reference feature within the text. Major cases are linked to internet cites so that the entire case can be viewed.