*U.S. addresses only
Availability: Coming Soon (Summer 2022)
Format: Softcover book and/or PDF eBook sent on CD or USB stick
This new guide provides a comprehensive and up-to-date review of the federal government’s legal response to the COVID-19 pandemic to promote the health and safety of the federal workforce and the efficiency of the civil service. Tracking the explosive growth of the pandemic, chapters address the initial shift to remote work, the creation and expansion of paid and unpaid leave, the imposition of mandatory vaccination and COVID-19 testing programs for federal employees and contractors, workplace safety protocols addressing quarantine, social distancing, masking, cleaning, and planning and guidance to reopen and return employees to the office.
Major topics include:
- Presidential Executive Orders, guidance, regulations, and statues including the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force, OPM , EEOC, DOL, GSA, HHS, VA, OSHA and others
- Remote work – essential and nonessential employees
- Leave – Families First Coronavirus Response Act, Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act, Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act, Emergency Paid Leave, Vaccine-Related Leave, Quarantine Leave
- Vaccination and testing requirements
- Religious and disability exceptions to vaccine mandates
- Workplace safety requirements
- Reopening and return to work plans and guidance
- Labor relations and COVID-19
- Other laws, including GINA, HIPPA, FECA, FLSA, FMLA
- Caselaw developments
Also included are a detailed table of contents.
Available as a softcover book and/or a PDF file with many useful features delivered on a CD-ROM, USB Flash Drive, or download. Hyperlinks allow the reader to move quickly between the Table of Contents and the corresponding portions of the text. Internal hyperlinks serve as a cross-reference feature within the text.