*U.S. addresses only
ISBN: 978-1-941825-83-9; 1-941825-83-4
Samples: Table of Contents ------- Text Sample
Resolving Disputes in the Federal Workplace teaches federal managers and supervisors how to resolve grievances, appeals, and complaints without encouraging more complaints.
Michael Corum, is a leading authority on handling employee problems in the federal workplace. This new guide replaces and expands upon Michael Corum's book, Settling Disputes, by offering federal supervisors traditional and creative settlement options. Agency management and those that advise them rely on this book for strategies and alternatives for deciding when to settle and when to litigate. Major topics include:
- EEO Settlements—why settlement is important and barriers to settlement
- Defining the Interests—interest-based negotiations with examples
- Creating Options—brainstorming creative approaches to settlement with examples
- Finalizing the Agreement—specificity of language and settlement organization
- Common settlement options
Also included is a detailed table of contents.
This book is also available as a PDF file on a CD-ROM, USB Flash Drive, or as a download.