ISBN: 978-1-941825-57-0; 1-941825-57-5
Availability: IN-STOCK (released 3/14/2019)
Format: Book (+ optional .pdf eBook on CD) or Switch to downloadable .pdf eBook
The appeal and review rights from federal processes is confusing, whether you are puzzling over the avenues from an arbitrator’s decision, from an Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) mixed case, a whistleblower reprisal claim, an appeal from an Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA) Unfair Labor Practice determination or the many other formal processes in the federal government, this book will guide you in the right direction.
Questions? This book has answers:
- When do I go to the MSPB?
- How about the EEOC?
- Do I have options?
- When is a choice irrevocable?
- Can an employee go directly to court?
- How does an employee challenge a classification matter?
- How does an employee challenge a denial of a security clearance?
- How does an employee challenge an adverse OWCP decision?
- What about the District Court or the Federal Circuit?
- How about employees in special categories like the SES?
- What about the special procedures for certain agency employees such as IRS, VA, etc.
This book provides a complete and understandable explanation of the maze and overlap of federal appeal and review processes. Among the areas covered are:
- employee relations—MSPB, VEOA, USERRA, SES actions, Veterans Access and Choice actions, whistleblower reprisal, the legislative branch processes
- EEO—mixed cases and non-mixed cases, going directly to court
- labor relations—ULPs, arbitration, FLSA
- workers’ compensation
- OPM—position classification appeals, debt collection matters, suitability, some FLSA claims
- Comptroller General
- other processes—the intelligence agencies excluded from other processes, administrative grievances