ISBN: 978-1-941825-57-0; 1-941825-57-5
Availability: IN-STOCK (released 3/14/2019)
Samples: Table of Contents ------- Text Sample
Format: Book (+ optional .pdf eBook on CD) or Switch to downloadable .pdf eBook
The appeal and review rights from federal processes are confusing, whether you are puzzling over the avenues from an arbitrator’s decision, from an Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) mixed case, a whistleblower reprisal claim, an appeal from an Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA) Unfair Labor Practice determination or the many other formal processes in the federal government, this book will guide you in the right direction.
Questions? This book has answers:
- When do I go to the MSPB?
- How about the EEOC?
- Do I have options?
- When is a choice irrevocable?
- Can an employee go directly to court?
- How does an employee challenge an adverse OWCP decision?
- What about the District Court or the Federal Circuit?
- How about employees in special categories like the SES?
This book provides a complete and understandable explanation of the maze and overlap of federal appeal and review processes. Among the areas covered are:
- employee relations—MSPB, MSPB/EEO mixed cases, EEO class action, VEOA, USERRA, SES actions, Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act of 2017, MSPB-OPM retirement and regulation review cases, whistleblower reprisal, MSPB-OSC prohibited personnel practice and Hatch Act claims, grievance-arbitration, actions against ALJ, restoration rights after injury the legislative branch processes
- labor relations—ULPs, negotiability matters, negotiation impasse
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- workers’ compensation