Availability: IN-STOCK (released 12/31/2019)
Samples: Table of Contents ------- Text Sample
Format: PDF ebook download with optional CD/USB backups or softcover book, or click here for the softcover only
Managing employee time is the federal supervisor’s first responsibility. Before you can even begin to think about how subordinates meet performance and conduct expectations, you first must make sure that they come to work and are on the job for a substantial amount of the 2,087 hours they’re being paid for.
America’s leading author about supervising federal employees gives federal supervisors both strategic and prescriptive guidance for optimizing the amount of productive time federal employees spend at work.
Starting with the basics on hours of work, the new 4th edition carries the supervisors through the rules and practicalities of what is and is not allowable during duty hours. Then it turns to overtime, examining the rules on when overtime is allowed and looking at strategies for controlling overtime.
The book then shows federal supervisors the different work schedules with both rules and warnings about the use of alternate work schedules. Next, it looks at how to deal with issues of leave and attendance, including controlling leave abuse. Then, it closes with proven strategies and tactics for controlling absenteeism.
Among the expanded and updated topics covered:
- Hours of work and duty status
- Lunches and breaks
- Official time for union activities
- Dealing with tardiness
- Categories of overtime
- What overtime you can and cannot control
- Traditional and alternative work schedules
- Rules on approved leave
- Handling common annual leave problems: emergency leave, use or lose, and incarcerations
- Dealing with the sick leave abuser
- What administrative leave you can and cannot control
- Common absenteeism problems and how to handle them
- Strategies for controlling absenteeism
Also included is a detailed table of contents.
Also available as a .pdf file on a CD-ROM or as an ebook for instant download.