ISBN: 978-1-941825-60-0; 1–941825–60-5
Availability: IN-STOCK (released 6/7/2019)
Samples: Table of Contents ------- Text Sample
Format: Softcover book and/or PDF eBook sent on CD or USB stick, or click here for the downloadable version
Written by Ernie Hadley, a practitioner before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for more than 25 years and lecturer on EEO practice, and with his Associate Editor, Natania M. Davis, the EEO Guide is the standard reference on federal sector EEO law and its appellate organization, the Office of Federal Operations. This treatise provides practice guidance and analyses of federal sector EEOC and court decisions, statutes regulations, policies, guidance, and practical advice. It is annually updated and extends back to 1978.
New easier to read, two column format: view sample pages.
New in 2019
With analysis of 2018 and early 2019 decisions of the EEOC and OFO, and major developments during 2018, this edition includes:
- Rehabilitation Act and GINA chapter is now broken into two chapters
- Rehabilitation Act and Reasonable Accommodation & GINA
- significant revision and reorganization of both chapters for ease of research
- streamlined analysis under the ADAAA
- Agency counsel improper interference
- Notice of harassment claims
- Refusal to counsel
- Excused filing delays based on the severity of harassment
- Latest cases on processing dissatisfaction and spin-off complaints
- Reorganized section on Standing in Hostile Environment/Harassment
The EEO Guide is a component of the American Civil Service Law Series. Also included are a detailed table of contents, case table, and index.
This text is also available on a CD-ROM as a .pdf file that provides many useful features. Hyperlinks allow the reader to move quickly between the Table of Contents and Index entries and the corresponding portions of the text. Internal hyperlinks serve as a cross-reference feature within the text. Major cases are linked to internet cites so that the entire case can be viewed.