ISBN: 978-1-941825-56-3; 1-941825-56-7
Availability: IN-STOCK (released 9/17/2018)
Samples: Table of Contents ------- Text Sample
Format: PDF ebook download with optional CD/USB backups or softcover book, or click here for the softcover only
Written by Michael Corum, veteran Dewey author and expert on managing federal employees, Management of Problem Employees guides federal supervisors and managers through both the legalities and real-life practicalities of handling problem government employees with an emphasis on misconduct, performance problems, and absenteeism. He gives blunt clear guidance of identifying the type of problem, and then developing both strategies and specific tactics for dealing with each.
The book covers the following:
- The Role of the Supervisor—Real life examples of why we must act and what happens when we do not.
- Identifying Problem Employees—Your Top 10 List—the four conduct problems, the four performance problems, and the two absentee problems.
- Your Tool Box—Both the conventional (formal and informal disciplinary actions, ascending steps with performance problems, oral and written communications, direct orders, and others) and the unconventional but legal and tested in real-life, e.g. controlling the controlling employee, marginalizing bad employees, legitimately triggering offenses, maneuvering them into a corner.
- The Legalities—The legalities of handling problem employees in conduct, performance, and absenteeism cases.
- The Strategies and Tactics—The specifics of dealing with each of your Top 10. Just follow the steps.
- The Games People Play—How to react to the most common games all problem employees will play with you, including walking off the job, taping you, using injuries and OWCP claims, filing grievances and complaints, the parent trap, the letter fight, and others.
- Non-problems—Employees usually perceived as problems, but are not, and how to deal with them.
- Fighting and Using the System—Getting HR and higher management on your side.
Also included is a detailed table of contents.
Also available as a .pdf file on a CD-ROM or as an ebook for instant download.