Civil Service Advocacy Series
Samples: Workbook Table of Contents
Format: 1hr 14min .mp4 video on CD-ROM; workbook; + optional 25% off Settlement Forms book
Presented by Peter Broida, this video training course offers comprehensive instruction on settlement of federal sector cases involving adverse and performance-based actions. Dewey’s Settlement Forms for MSPB and EEOC by Broida is available for 25% off its original purchase price with each purchase of the Federal Sector Settlement Training Course.
The training course, developed for attorneys and officials of personnel offices responsible for litigation of actions subject to review by MSPB, EEOC, and labor arbitrators, includes Mr. Broida’s lecture (.mp4 video sent on a CD-ROM) and a workbook. The workbook contains reference materials, course notes-outline, and a bibliography. Workbook pages are referenced throughout the video lecture, allowing users to pause the video and review the materials.
The course provides instruction for individuals or groups on:
- The Process
- Basic Structure—basic components of the settlement agreement
- Settlement Notebook—putting it all together and getting it right and settlement forms
- The Details of the Agreement—provisions relating to:
- job status: reinstatement, resignation and retirement
- compensation: back pay, collateral monetary benefits, lump sum payments, health insurance
- benefits, compensatory damages, promotions, and counsel fees
- records maintenance: clean paper agreements, employment references, confidentiality, and nondisparagement
- Formalities—duty to cooperate, integration clauses, effective dates and attachments
Dewey’s popular Settlement Forms for the MSPB and EEOC by Broida is available for 25% off its original purchase price with each purchase of Broida on Federal Sector Settlement Training Course. Add this product to your cart and the option to add the book for an additional $125 is given on the checkout page.
Additional workbooks sell for $25 each or in sets of 10 for $150. Call or email to purchase.