Civil Service Advocacy Series
Samples: Workbook Table of Contents
Format: 3hr 45min .mp4 video on DVD-ROM; workbook
+ optional 25% off Settlement Forms for MSPB and EEOC and/or 50% off MSPB Basics: The Agency Edition
Presented by Peter Broida, this video training course offers comprehensive instruction on federal sector administrative advocacy before the Merit Systems Protection Board, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and in arbitration. The course includes Mr. Broida’s lecture on DVD-ROM; a workbook with reference materials, course notes and outline, and selected cases; and a bibliography. The course provides instruction for individuals or groups on:
- Basic Jurisdiction—general jurisdiction of the Merit Systems Protection Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and arbitrators.
- Common and Dissimilar Elements of the Three Main Litigation Tribunals—relief, case analysis and research, litigation organization and management, preliminary submissions, settlement initiatives, jurisdictional motions, discovery and motions, prehearing submissions, hearings, post hearing briefs, decisions and awards, and appeals. Also includes a break down of the particulars of each tribunal.
- Basic Case Preparation and Organization—preliminary case analysis, research, litigation management, gathering information, and witnesses.
- Discovery—written discovery, taking and defending depositions, and physical or mental examinations.
- Summary Judgment—partial or complete.
- Settlement—mediums for settlement discussions, pros and cons to each medium, and drafting settlement agreements.
- Prehearing Procedures—prehearing submissions and prehearing conference.
- Getting Ready for the Hearing—hearing and exhibit notebooks and witness preparation.
- Hearing —preliminaries; opening statements; examination of witnesses; who goes first; expert witnesses; order of witnesses; direct, cross and redirect examination; and closing the record.
- Post-Hearing Appeals
- Collateral Issues—counsel fee petitions, sanctions, enforcement issues, and claims for damages.
DVD: 3 hours 45 minutes .mp4 video. Supported devices include PC, Mac, IPad, & Android.
Additional workbooks sell for $25 each or in sets of 10 for $150. Call or email to purchase.