Save 20% on both Federal Sector Harassment Law and Federal Sector Harassment Law.
Use the drop down box to select the discount.
ISBN: 978-1-934651-74-2; 1-934651-74-5
Availability: IN-STOCK (released 07/2/13)
Samples: Table of Contents ------- Text Sample
Format: Book (+ optional .pdf eBook on CD) or Switch to downloadable .pdf eBook
Written by beloved Dewey author Michael Corum, an authority on federal personnel management, Combating Sexual Harassment is a detailed handbook for agency managers, supervisors, investigators, EEO staff, and personnel departments on how to identify, investigate and discipline acts of sexual harassment. Easy to read and to the point with tips, commentary and case studies that round out this Dewey classic.
In its Second Edition, Mr. Corum has expanded discussion on the supervisor’s role in preventing sexual harassment and added decisions impacting sexual harassment law.
Michael Corum guides readers through:
- Defining Sexual Harassment—including legal bases for prohibition of sexual harassment, EEOC regulations, tangible employment action and hostile work environment sexual harassment, and case study examples
- Investigating Allegations of Harassment—including the supervisors’ role in the investigation, interviews and documentation, collecting evidence and corroborating evidence/testimony, confronting the harasser and the interaction of supervisory and other investigations
- Assessing the Facts: Whom Do You Believe? —including factors to use in assessing the credibility of the witnesses
- Choosing the Response—including identifying conduct that is not sexual harassment and requires no action, conduct that is not sexual harassment but corrective action is warranted, borderline harassment requiring warning or counseling, and formal discipline for sexual harassment
- The Disciplinary Action—including how to establish cause, frame charges, apply the penalty factors, choose the penalty, and determine whether the evidence supports the charge
Also includes a detailed table of contents.
Also available as a .pdf file on a CD-ROM or as an ebook for instant download.