Availability: IN-STOCK (released 8/3/11)
Samples: Table of Contents ------- Text Sample ------- About eBooks & License Agreement
Format: PDF ebook download with optional CD/USB backups or softcover book, or click here for the softcover only
Written by Ernie Hadley, a practitioner before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for more than 25 years, lecturer and recognized authority on EEO law and practice, the Guide to Federal Sector Disability Discrimination Law and Practice is the seminal text on disability discrimination case law, statutes, and regulations interpreting and implementing the ADA, ADAAA, Rehabilitation Act, GINA, and Drug Abuse Act.
Noteworthy additions to the Third Edition include information on the Rehabilitation Act, ADA and ADAAA as applied to federal sector employment by the EEOC, the EEOC’s final ADAAA regulations, the new definition of individuals with disabilities, new major life activities and major bodily functions, the standards for substantial limitation of a major life activity, the reversal of Supreme Court decisions on the effects of mitigating measures, devices and medications, and the new definition of regarded as disabilities.
Federal agency managers, supervisors, personnel specialists, and EEO and EAP counselors dealing with medical issues and reasonable accommodation requests, as well as counselors, investigators, and advocates who litigate disability cases rely on the Disability Guide for its comprehensive reporting and commentary on topics including:
- Overviews of the ADA, Rehabilitation Act and ADAAA—including ADAAA regulations
- Impairments Under the ADA—including physical and mental impairments
- Major Life Activities—including working, walking, seeing, lifting, thinking, pregnancy, and more
- Substantial Limitation—including analysis under the ADAAA
- Regarded as Disabilities—including analysis under the ADAAA
- Qualified Individuals—including qualifications for position, essential functions of the position, disqualifying misconduct, risk assessment, and the violent or threatening employee
- Reasonable Accommodation—including the process, end result and types of reasonable accommodation, e.g., reassignments, job rotation, job modifications, and light–duty
- Undue Hardship—including burden of proof, undue hardship factors, and undue hardship in specific accommodations
- Forms of Prohibited Discrimination—including disparate treatment and impact, intentional discrimination, hostile work environment, reprisal, and prohibited medical exams and inquiries
- Timeliness and Remedies—including back pay and disability retirement
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
Also contains a table of cases, detailed table of contents, and research materials supplement.
Also available as a .pdf file on a CD-ROM or as an ebook for instant download.