EEO Basics for Complainants
Free Shipping*By: Hadley
*U.S. addresses only
Samples: Table of Contents
Format: Softcover book and/or PDF eBook sent on CD or USB stick, or
click here for the downloadable version
Written by Ernie Hadley, a recognized expert in federal sector EEO law, this step-by-step reference simplifies the EEO process for the novice and serves as a quick reference for attorneys and EEO office employees. With basic explanations of each stage of the process and practical advice, EEO Basics guides the reader through governing case law and discrimination complainant proof requirements.
Agency EEO offices, practitioners, counselors, and employees rely on EEO Basics for an understanding of topics including:
- The EEO Process: What it is and How it Works—including an explanation of the Commission and the laws it enforces and initial and final processes before the Commission and agencies
- Precomplaint or Informal Counseling—including timeliness of claims, counselor interviews, the final interview, and alternative dispute resolution
- Filing the Formal Complaint—including formal complaint contents and how to file
- Acknowledging the Formal Complaint—including complaint amendments
- Acceptance and Dismissal—including bases for dismissal and what acceptance of a complaint means
- Investigating the Complaint—including the investigative interview and report of investigation
- The Prehearing Process—including the role of the judge, prehearing motions practice, discovery, summary judgment, and prehearing conferences
- The Hearing—including how to organize a case, the hearing, and decision
- Settlement—including the judge’s role and settlement agreements
- EEOC Appeals—including how to file an appeal and what the Commission looks for in an appeal
A detailed table of contents is also included.
Also available as a .pdf file on a CD-ROM or as an ebook for instant download.