Supervising Federal Employees
Samples: Table of Contents
Format: PDF ebook download with optional CD/USB backups or softcover book, or
click here for the softcover only
Written by Michael Corum, one of Dewey’s most beloved authors and an expert on the management of employees in the federal sector, Supervising Federal Employees prepares supervisors new to federal service with the information and advice necessary to effectively manage employees. Federal sector managers and supervisors and those who advise them benefit from the authors’ wisdom on topics including:
- Management and Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Classification and Job Design
- Hiring—including how federal jobs are filled and what flexibilities supervisors have and should use
- Managing Performance—including how federal agencies manage and appraise performance and how to use the system
- Maintaining Discipline—including the strategies, principles, and decisions concerning disciplinary actions in federal service
- Time and Attendance—including accounting for employee time and the basics of overtime and controlling absenteeism
- Equal Employment Opportunity—including the basics federal supervisors need to know about prohibited personnel practices, anti-discrimination laws, and EEO programs
- Labor Relations—including the essential responsibilities of the federal supervisor in dealing with unions
- Appeals and Grievances—including discussion of the MSPB, OSC, administrative grievances, and actions employees can challenge
Also included are a detailed table of contents and an introduction to civil service employment.
Also available as a .pdf file on a CD-ROM or as an ebook for instant download.