Save 20% on both the 2017 EEO Guide and Consolidated Federal Sector EEO Update 2004-2017.
Use the drop down box to select the discount.
Availability: IN-STOCK (released 6/5/17)
Samples: Table of Contents ------- Text Sample
Format: Printed Book; pdf eBook on CD (Save $100); or Book & pdf eBook on CD (+$100)
Written by Ernie Hadley, a practitioner before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for more than 25 years and lecturer on EEO practice, and with his Associate Editor, Natania M. Davis, the EEO Guide is the standard reference on federal sector EEO law and its appellate organization, the Office of Federal Operations. This treatise provides practice guidance and analyses of federal sector EEOC and court decisions, statutes regulations, policies, guidance, and practical advice. It is annually updated and extends back to 1978.
New easier to read, two column format: view sample pages.
With analysis of 2016 and early 2017 decisions of the EEOC and OFO and major developments during 2016, this edition includes:
- the latest on transgender discrimination from the Commission and the courts
- new Enforcement Guidance on National Origin and Religious Discrimination
- new Enforcement Guidance on Retaliation and Related Issues
- major reorganization of disability discrimination and hostile environment chapters
- first Commission cases under ADAAA.
For over 30 years, practitioners, advisors to management and unions, and adjudicators who are involved in the litigation and analysis of federal sector EEO complaints have relied on the EEO Guide for its authoritative discussion and guidance on topics including:
- Judges’ Handbook, Part 1614 of the EEOC’s regulations, MD-110 and 29 CFR Part 1630
- Complaints Processing—including the counseling and formal complaint processes, investigations, timing and dismissals
- Hearings—including pre and post hearing matters, summary judgment, and discovery
- Final Agency Actions and EEOC Appeals
- Representatives and Official Time
- Theories of Intentional Discrimination and Adverse Impact—including burdens of proof
- Harassment—including sexual harassment and hostile work environments
- Bases of Discrimination—including race and color, sex, national origin, and religion
- Disability Discrimination and The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act—including reasonable accommodation and ADAAA
- Age Discrimination
- Reprisal—including protected activities
- EEO Alternatives and Civil Actions
- Remedies—including compensatory damages, back pay and more
- Attorney Fees
The EEO Guide is a component of the American Civil Service Law Series. Also included are a detailed table of contents, case table, and index.
This text is also available on a CD-ROM as a .pdf file that provides many useful features. Hyperlinks allow the reader to move quickly+ between the Table of Contents and Index entries and the corresponding portions of the text. Internal hyperlinks serve as a cross-reference feature within the text. Major cases are linked to internet cites so that the entire case can be viewed.