Written by Ernest Hadley, a longtime practitioner before the EEOC, a lecturer on EEOC practice, and prolific author on EEOC law and practice, Best of the Commission compiles the most significant U.S. Supreme Court and EEOC Office of Federal Operations cases impacting federal sector EEO law. This text is well-suited for use by EEO specialists, agency and complainants’ attorneys, employee relations specialists and human relations specialists, union representatives, and others who practice before the Commission or administer agency EEO programs, and need some basic or refresher training on the following fundamentals of federal sector EEO law:
- Intentional Discrimination—including the tripartite analysis and mixed-motive cases
- Adverse Impact—including the effect of neutral criteria
- Harassment—including hostile work environment and same-sex harassment
- Disability Discrimination—including reasonable accommodation
- Age Discrimination—including the “but for” test and Older Workers Benefits Protection Act
- Remedies and Damages—including “make whole” relief and compensatory damages
- Timeliness—including serial or “recurring” violations
- Sanctions—including sovereign immunity
- Contract Employees—including the common law test of agency and liability for contractor harassment
- Hearings—including telephonic hearings and summary judgment
- Attorney Fees—including prevailing party determinations
- Reference Resources—including reference books and electronic resources
Also included is a detailed table of contents.
Also available as a .pdf file on a CD-ROM or as an ebook for instant download.
Table of Contents